Monday, June 19, 2006

The Library of Congress

Here's a photo series from the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C. These are all interior shots done using a technique called HDR, which I've previously explored here, here, here, and here. HDR, it would seem, is very well suited to interiors of large buildings.



All of these photos were tripoded and I always utilized a cable release. Most of these were created using six bracketed exposures, each two stops apart, combined and downsampled in photoshop. All photos enlarge quite a bit in a new window when you click them.













































1 comment:

Anne said...

I really enjoy looking at your photos. This last one of the LoC ceiling would be a great jigsaw puzzle, the colors, the light, it's great! Looking at your work inspires me to get my old Nikon back out or look into getting a digital slr.