Saturday, January 20, 2007

UNL candids (I)

So, to futher test up my new Canon 70-200 2.8L IS, I went down to the University of Nebraska at Lincoln yesterday and camped by the student union. Mainly, I wanted to test the Ai Servo focusing (which is just a fancy word for "let the autofocus track objects that are moving towards or away from you"), the mode 2 IS (which is the lens's ability to pan horizontally while eliminating vertical vibrations), and the performance wide open. The last time I tried shooting candids at a college was when I was in college, and so this was also an interesting experiment for me photography wise. :) I've got way more than will fit in a day's posts, so I'll just cherry-pick and post a few at a time.




Today's shots are the AI Servo tests -- shots of people walking torwards me. Click any photo to enlarge it in a new window.

















Geeze, lady -- didn't anyone tell you it'd be 15 degrees outside?! ;)



No comments: